When: Saturday, March 10 at 9:00 AM
Cruise confidently in coastal waters and be secure in your knowledge of tidal conditions. Even if you are an inland boater, you may travel to an area where knowing about tides and tidal currents is important.
Discover what causes the tides to rise and fall and what causes the currents to flow. Learn where to find sources of information about tides and tidal currents, simple ways to predict height of tide and speed of current flow and how to use both print and electronic tide tables.
Learn about how tides and currents affect your boat’s performance from experienced coastal boaters. Required for Coastal Navigator certificate (or Advanced Piloting course).
· Causes and effects of tides and currents
· Predict the time of highest tide before it begins to fall
· Predict the vertical movement of the water
· Safely navigate low tide
· Determine the speed of the current and when it reaches maximum flood
· Deal with mean high and low water
· Use NOAA charts and tables
· Factor in tides and currents when anchoring
· Full color Student Guide
Instructors: Barry Moore, P
Time and Date: 9:00-11:00 AM, March 10, 2018
Location: Hilton Head Island Senior Center, 70 Shelter Cove Ln., Hilton Head Island, SC 29928
Cost: $45 for members; $55 for non-members
Click here to register: REGISTER HERE!
Questions? Contact: Peter Dion at email@example.com (631.456.9134)
America’s Boating Club of Hilton Head